I once dreamed I ate an entire doughnut buffet on my own and awoke drooling in a doughnut-less bed, cursing my subconscious for making me believe I had achieved everything I'd ever wanted in life.
Do all of our dreams bely secret desires? It's a tough call, seeing as I also once dreamed I was trapped in a portable toilet with three child vampires when I was 9 years old.
The line between secret truths and crippling nightmares is crossed with reckless abandon during our REM cycles. Curious about the sexual side of the subconscious, Redditor weisergram asked male users,
How Would You Feel if a Female Friend Admitted to Having a Sex Dream About You?
Thankfully, there's a strategy for everyone.
1. Try being the corniest human alive or dead.
2. Request an honest review.
3. Act super casual California cool, nbd, HAHAHAHAHA LOL!!!
4. Pitch a tent and let the silence swallow you whole.
5. Vaguely chalk it up to women being "like that sometimes."
6. Make sure your shoes are still on because you just never know.
7. Ask yourself WWFD: What Would "Friends" Do?
8. Keep your expectations optimistic, but reasonable.
Hearing you participated in dream sex may not be as satisfying as actually living it, but isn't it just nice to be considered sometimes?
Awkward as this type of admission can be to hear, it's reassuring to know your friends aren't dreaming of you trapping them in a portable toilet with a trio of bloodthirsty undead children and ZERO doughnuts.