I know I never asked, but it would've been nice if my parents had told me that life is expensive once you you're an adult. Rent, food, utilities, clothes — it all adds up. And if you happen to blink at your finances for even one second? The bill that arrives at the end of the month is suddenly higher than what you were expecting. That's why whenever I'm in the mood for a little retail therapy, I stick to all the cheap Amazon products that make life way better.
From smart plugs to external batteries, the sky is the limit when it comes to all the super-cheap yet high-quality items you can find on Amazon. Looking to organize your vanity? Be sure to check out the scrunchie holder I've made sure to add to this list. Or maybe you're in need of cute-but-affordable lighting ideas for your home? In that case, don't forget to take a look at the LED outlet lights in here. Installation is as easy as snapping them on, and they're even energy-efficient.
You don't have to spend a ton of money to make the simple things in life better — just stick to all the affordable Amazon finds I've gathered for this list. Trust me, your wallet will thank you.
We only recommend products we love and that we think you will, too. We may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was written by our Commerce team.
1. The Smart Plug You Can Use Outside
2. An LED Light You Can Install Practically Anywhere
3. This Tiny Vacuum Cleaner For Tiny Messes
Whether you've got crumbs in your keyboard or dust on your desktop, this mini vacuum can help tidy things up. It runs on two AA batteries (not included) so that you're not restricted by a power cable, and there are two colors to choose from: mint green or black.
4. A Pack Of Food Wraps Made With Eco-Friendly Beeswax
Don't rely on wasteful plastic wrap to save your leftovers — switch over to these reusable food wraps instead. Similar to plastic wrap, the eco-friendly waxed cotton material clings to itself, stainless steel, glass, and ceramic, yet it helps keep wrapped vegetables fresher for longer by allowing them to breathe.
5. The Easy-To-Use Ice Cube Tray That Prevents Spills
This ice cube tray is 100% watertight, which means you can finally say goodbye to accidental spills on the way to the freezer. It's also incredibly easy to use — just fill it up like you would a bottle, let it freeze, then loosen and shake the ice cubes out. Each batch provides 18 ice cubes.
6. A Pack Of Soft Toothbrushes Infused With Detoxifying Charcoal
These ultra-soft toothbrushes have bristles that are infused with charcoal to help clean away plaque and germs. Reviewers confirm that they really are soft. Plus, each order comes with six toothbrushes.
7. These Shoe Deodorizers That Are Fragrance-Free
8. A Portable Electric Hot Pot That Makes Cooking Easier
You've got options with this electric hot pot — make a quick bowl of oatmeal when you're in a morning rush, or even dress up a cheap brick of ramen with eggs and scallions. Since it's electric, you can use it for cooking on the go, too. The temperature is adjustable, and it also features boil-dry protection to keep you safe.
9. The Device That Keeps Your Coffee Hot For Hours
If you're a slow coffee drinker like I am, you'll definitely want to check out this mug warmer. Just place your mug of hot chocolate, tea, or coffee on top, and it can keep it warm for up to 8 hours. Many reviewers also enjoyed how the sleek design looked on their desks.
10. A Runner-Friendly Pouch For Your Phone & Cash
11. These Extra-Thick Sponges That Make Cleaning A Breeze
For just $10 you can get a whopping 20 of these magic cleaning sponges, which is a great deal. Reviewers reported that they were just as effective as name brand versions, and these ones are even extra-thick to help them scrub longer than the competition.
12. A Pair Of Heel Cups For Added Foot Support
13. The Flexible Sleeve That Keeps Your Cables Looking Tidy
14. A Stand To Quickly Cook Bacon In The Microwave
Cooking bacon can be time-consuming and messy — unless you're using this microwavable stand that can prep a slice of bacon in as little as 1 minute. It keeps your bacon strips suspended away from all their drippings to reduce splatter, and many reviewers even wrote about how it makes preparing bacon "much easier."
15. The Food Chopper With A Built-In Cutting Board
16. A Pair Of Protective Gloves To Prevent Nicks & Cuts
17. These Produce Bags That Are Eco-Friendly
Not only are these reusable produce bags eco-friendly, but each one is also made from strong but lightweight nylon mesh. They're large enough for larger fruits and vegetables like bananas or carrots. Each order comes with five bags in varying colors.
18. An Insect Trap That's Chemical-Free
If you'd rather not spray a pest eliminator all over your home to get rid of bugs, this mosquito trap will do just the trick — without any potentially harmful chemicals. The LED lights in the tunnel operate at a wavelength that attracts insects. Once inside, the sticky glue inserts at the bottom prevent them from flying out.
19. The LED Lights That Snap Into Your Outlet Plates
20. A Pack Of Knives That Make Spreading Butter Easier
Cold butter doesn't spread very well, which is why these stainless steel knives have slots along the blade that curl your butter sticks into easy-to-spread ringlets. Each knife also features a serrated edge, plus a larger opening at the tip for scooping butter.
21. This Colander Designed To Fit Directly On Cans
Looking to save a little space in your kitchen? Search no further than this miniature colander. Use it to strain the liquid out of canned vegetables, tuna, or any other standard-sized can. "It sounds silly but this little guy is truly a game changer," one reviewer wrote. "It really is a timesaver, and very convenient."
22. An Aromatherapy Balm That's Both Calming & Convenient
When you're trying to relax, this simple-to-use aromatherapy balm stick can help. It comes in six scents, but this one is formulated with a soothing blend of chamomile, rosemary, jasmine, and other therapeutic-grade essential oils to help you de-stress — all packaged in a convenient tube. Simply take a few whiffs or swipe it on your wrist, then kick back and rest.
23. The Scrubber That Massages Your Feet While You Shower
24. A Multifunctional Silicone Brush That Scrubs Stains & Removes Pet Hair
Your options are almost infinite with this silicone scrubber brush. Use it dry on furniture to remove pet hair, or add some soap and give fabrics a good scrub with it. Fans of this versatile tool use it to do everything from brushing their pets, to scrubbing out carpet stains and cleaning their makeup brushes.
25. This External Battery That's Powered By The Sun
Just leave the solar panel on this external battery out in the sun, and it can completely recharge itself in about 6 hours. Once charged, it has the capacity to charge an iPhone X twice, and the premium ABS exterior keeps the inside safe from damage. Keep it on hand while traveling or use it at home when the power goes out.
26. A Cable Manager Without Any Finicky Clips
27. The Moldable Glue That Bonds To Almost Anything
28. A Shaving Oil That Leaves Your Skin Feeling Silky Smooth
Formulated with 100% natural shea butter, this shaving oil is great for helping to keep your skin smooth and moisturized. One reviewer even raved that "the shave is smoother and my skin feels much better." It's completely free of parabens and it's made in the USA.
29. This Charging Station For Smartphones & Tablets
30. A Measuring Cup With A Built-In Batter Dispenser
With a built-in batter dispenser on the bottom, this measuring cup makes it easier to whip up pancakes, cupcakes, and more. The measurements on the side go all the way up to 4 cups, and the dispenser is easy to operate — just squeeze the trigger on the handle to pour!
31. The Microfiber Wrap That Absorbs More Water Than Cotton
32. A Pack Of Glasses That Filter Out Blue Light Rays
Some experts think that the blue light produced by electronic screens might cause eye strain, so why not try wearing these computer glasses while you're working? They come in packs of three and feature clear lenses and frames in a variety of colors.
33. This Scrunchie Stand That Also Works With Hair Ties
This stand can help you keep track of scrunchies, hair ties, and bracelets. It's large enough to hold up to 50 scrunchies at a time, and the wide base keeps it from toppling over. "Great idea to display scrunchies," one reviewer wrote. "The verticality makes for a great space-saver."
34. An Electric Comb That's Designed For Beard Hair
If you're looking for a way to straighten your beard hair, try this electric comb that's designed to work on facial hair. The temperature is adjustable up to three levels, and the long fiberglass bristles distribute heat evenly to help prevent your hair from drying out.
35. The Miniature Paper Shredder That Fits On Your Desk
36. A Scrubber Brush That Cleans Glasses & Bottles
You don't have to reach deep into tall glasses and bottles to get them squeaky-clean — instead stick this scrubber brush to your sink. It features three strong suction cups to keep it in place as you twist your glassware over it, and the bristles are sturdy to get rid of stubborn dirt.
37. This Air Purifier That Won't Disturb Your Sleep
38. A Microwaveable Poaching Tray For Quick Breakfasts
39. The Fabric Shaver That's Completely Cordless
You won't be tethered to an outlet with this fabric shaver, as the rechargeable battery makes it easy to use whether you're traveling or at home. It can run for up to a full hour before it needs to be plugged in, and it's safe to use on almost all types of fabric — including upholstery.
40. A Device That Seals Your Snack Bags Shut To Keep Them Fresh
Ditch your large collection of chip clips and ties, and give this miniature bag sealer a try. Once it's heated, slide it over the opening of your bag to seal it shut again. And because it also features a built-in blade, you can even use it to easily cut open your bag again when it's time to snack.
41. The Tool That Lets You Open Doors Completely Contact-Free
Looking for ways to minimize contact with dirty door handles or grimy elevator buttons? These door opener tools each have a hook and tip that lets you open doors with lever-style handles and press buttons without having to touch them, and there's a handy loop in the corner where you can slip it on a keychain.
42. A Cereal Bowl That Keeps Your Breakfast From Getting Soggy
It's always a bummer when your cereal turns from crunchy to soggy, but the partition in this special cereal bowl keeps your milk and cereal separate. You don't have to limit the bowl to cereal either — it also works great for serving dips and spreads, and keeping nuts and shells separate, according to reviewers.
43. This Bobby Pin Holder Made With A Strong Magnet
The strong magnet on the inside of this holder prevents bobby pins from getting lost before you're ready to style your hair. And the colors are just plain fun too — choose from sea foam teal or raspberry mauve.
44. A Pack Of Hangers To Help You Maximize Your Closet Space
Running out of room in your closet? Each one of these space-saving hangers can hold up to five garments or 6 pounds, and you can hang them in one of two ways depending on how much space you have: horizontally or vertically.
45. The Soap Dispenser That's Completely Contactless
Simply wave your hand in front of the infrared sensor on this automatic soap dispenser, and it'll squirt out the perfect amount of soap to wash your hands. You can even adjust how much soap gets dispensed each time, and the exterior is also fingerprint-resistant.
46. An Outlet That Turns Your Devices Off For You
47. This Filter That Can Help Prevent Wine Headaches
If you tend to wake up with a headache after drinking wine at night, you might consider running your reds and whites through this PureWine filter beforehand. It helps to remove sulfites and histamines that can trigger headaches — all without changing the flavor or aroma of the wine.
48. A Dispenser That's Perfect For Oils And Vinegar
49. The Hairbrush That Gently Detangles Knots
If your hair is always stuck in knots and snags, a detangling brush like this one is a must-have. Unlike regular brushes, this one features flexible bristles that gently separate the strands stuck in knots instead of ripping at them. It's even safe to use on all types of hair, including pet fur.
50. A Tablespoon That Takes Up Hardly Any Space
51. This Universal Socket Made From Vanadium Steel
Since the flexible rods in this universal socket are made from durable vanadium steel, you won't have to worry about them failing whenever you're working on DIY projects. You can use this socket on screws, nuts, as well as bolts of nearly any size — without having to change out the drill bit each time.
52. A Pet Hair Remover Without Any Wasteful Sticky Sheets
There's no need to buy replacement sticky sheets when you're using this pet hair remover, as the hair removal pad cleans itself when you insert then remove it from its base. It also works great on lint, and it's double-sided so you can go longer between cleanings.
53. The Bluetooth Speaker Made For Jamming Out In The Shower
Completely waterproof (and even submersible), this Bluetooth speaker lets you stream tunes from your phone so that you can listen to music in the shower. It has a rechargeable battery that lasts for up to 12 hours and a built-in microphone for answering calls hands-free.
54. A Flame-Free Fragrance Warmer That Plugs Into Your Wall
If you'd prefer a fragrance warmer that doesn't require an open flame, opt for this version that plugs into any outlet — horizontally or vertically. Each order comes with one warming bulb, and there are dozens of designs to choose from so that you can pick one to match your decor.
55. These Elastic Shoelaces You'll Never Need To Tie
If you have trouble bending over to tie your shoes (or simply loathe retying your laces when they come loose), make your life a tad bit easier with these elastic no-tie laces. The pinch lock lets you adjust how tight they fit on your shoes, and they're designed to fit shoes of all sizes — from kids to adults. Choose from more than 10 colors, including black, blue, white, orange, and more.
56. A Coffee Maker That's Designed For Delicious Cold Brew
Regular coffee makers aren't equipped to make cold brew, whereas this cold brew maker is designed to make low-acid concentrate that's more suited to chilled drinks. It can brew up to 16 ounces of coffee at once, and one reviewer even raved, "It really is very compact and SO easy to use."
57. The Pet Water Bottle That Won't Leak On You
Take this water bottle for pets along with you whenever you take your pup for a walk. The silicone gasket between the bottle and funnel helps prevent leaks and the funnel top doubles as a bowl — simply squeeze the bottle to dispense water, then put it down so your pet can sip.
58. A Webcam Cover To Keep You Safe From Prying Eyes
Afraid of prying eyes breaking into your laptop's webcam? Just pop one of these camera covers over it. The blocker slides so that you can open up your camera without having to pop it off. It'll even work with tablets and smartphones, including the iPhone 7 and newer.
59. This Bath Pillow That Keeps Your Shoulders Supported
60. A Water Flosser With 3 Different Cleaning Modes
This article was originally published on