Sometimes you buy something just because it looks like a fun item. Other times, you're just scratching that impulse-shopper itch. But then there are the items that you practically need to have — the ones people consider game changers. Not only are these game changers considered incredibly clever products, but they can also help improve, or even just simplify your life.
Do you have a habit of leaving your lights on when you leave home? Then the smart light bulbs I've included will definitely pique your interest. Or, if your skin has a tendency to learn towards the dry side, I've made sure to add a ton of skincare products that can help improve your complexion — and there's even a blackhead mask made with 24-karat gold. From bentonite clay masks, to a snap-on strainer that takes up hardly any space in your cabinets, if you're looking for convenient products that can help improve your life for the better, you can probably find it in this list.
Not only are these wildly popular items clever and affordable, but you'll most likely find yourself coming back to them time and time again — they're just that good.
1. The Book That Prompts You To Get Your Sh*t Together
If you could use a little kick in the pants to get your sh*t together, this is the untraditional self-help book that doesn't coddle you — it prompts you into action. One reviewer raves: "Whether you want a light read full of hilarious insights, or actually need a kick in the ass to get your 'life' together, this book has what you're looking for. This is the type of book that you buy someone as a gag gift, and then read and keep for yourself because it was more honest and insightful than you ever expected."
2. This Smart Light Bulb That Works With Voice Commands
Imagine never having to worry about accidentally leaving your lights on when you leave your home. This smart LED light bulb not only works with voice commands via Alexa, Google Assistant, as well as SmartThings, but it also lets you control your devices remotely. The free downloadable app lets you set up schedules so that your lights are on when you come home, and it has a lifetime of up to 10,000 hours.
3. An Ice Roller That Can Help Reduce Inflammation And Puffiness
Use it to help reduce swelling and inflammation from injuries, or simply use this ice roller to give your skin a de-puffing treatment after a long, fun night out. You can easily store it in your fridge or freezer, and it's equally effective when it comes to relieving headache or migraine pain.
4. A Repairing Balm That Helps Soothe Dry, Chapped Lips
If your lips have a tendency to become dry and chapped, make sure to grab this repairing lip balm. It contains super-moisturizing ingredients like beeswax and sweet almond oil, plus one application keeps lips moist and protected for up to eight hours.
5. The Daily Planner That Keeps Your Life On Track
This undated daily planner provides you the freedom to organize your days in a way that helps you achieve your goals — just focus on 90 days at a time. It can help you plan your short and long-term goals, keep you on schedule, and even help you feel more gratitude for the good things in life.
6. These Chemical-Free Makeup Wipes Made From Microfiber
There isn't a single chemical in these makeup remover cloths, and you don't need a separate serum — activate these microfiber cloths with water, then gently get rid of every last trace of makeup. They cleanse, exfoliate, and sap up excess oil to help keep your complexion clear.
7. A Smart Wi-Fi Plug That Lets You Set Schedules For Your Appliances
8. This Deep Pore-Cleansing Clay For DIY Skincare Treatments
Not only is this tub of loose bentonite clay so massive that it'll last you a long time, but it's also perfect for whipping up DIY facial treatment for your face and body. The best part? The formula doesn't contain a single artificial ingredient, fragrance, or animal product.
9. The Handheld Clothes Steamer That's Perfect For Travel
You won't need an ironing board — or even a flat surface. This handheld garment steamer gets wrinkles and creases out of practically any type of clothing or fabric, without the risk of burns or iron marks. It has a 9-foot power cord, and can be used for a continuous 15 minutes before requiring more water.
10. These Cooling Bamboo Pillows With Comfy Memory Foam Support
Your search for the perfect pillow is over — these super-plush bamboo pillows are available for a great price. These pillows are extra-breathable to help you stay cool all night long, and they're filled with springy, shredded memory foam. Ideal for all sleeping positions, each one comes with removable bamboo pillow case.
11. An Echo Input That Lets You Stream Music On Your Speakers
The Echo Input lets you add Alexa to your external speakers so that you can effortlessly stream songs from services like Pandora and Spotify. It is compact with a low profile, and will fit like a charm practically anywhere in your home. Use it to set up alarms, timers, and schedules for compatible devices.
12. The Classic Translucent Powder That Helps Set Your Makeup For Hours
It's the affordable facial powder that's been around for ages — and the reviews back it up. This shine-sapping powder sets your makeup for hours, plus it's also available in shades like honey beige, naturally neutral, rosy beige, suntan, and even translucent with extra coverage.
13. This Squatty Potty For Easier Bathroom Eliminations
It may not be the most glam purchase, but the squatty potty helps you eliminate waste more efficiently so that your time spent in the bathroom is a breeze. Featured on Shark Tank, you can adjust the height from 7 to 9 inches, and it easily tucks away into storage when you're not using it.
14. These Natural Sleep Supplements That Can Help You Relax
Not only can they help you relax, but these natural sleep supplements can also help you drift off into peaceful slumber at night. They're formulated with melatonin and other safe ingredients that provide adrenal support, as well as help regulate your sleep cycle. There's even an ingredient that helps eliminate caffeine faster from your body — just in case that late afternoon espresso is keeping you up.
15. An Orthopedic Knee Pillow For Proper Spinal Alignment
The culprit behind the aches in your back and hips may simply be due to improper spinal alignment. This supportive knee pillow combats the problem by helping to keep your spine aligned while you are resting, and it's filled with soft, springy memory foam.
16. This Blackhead Extractor That Won't Leave Skin Red And Irritated
Extract pesky blackheads and excess oil with this gentle, effective blackhead extractor, which suctions all of the yuck out without leaving red marks behind. This pore-cleansing vacuum features five suction forces that are ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
17. These Wrinkle-Resistant Bed Sheets That Come In So Many Shades
These are the everyday bed sheets everyone needs in their lives — they're made from soft, silky microfiber, and are resistant to wrinkles, stains, as well as fading. They also come in seven mattress sizes (including split king), as well as more than 40 shades and prints.
18. A Silky Pillowcase That Is Gentle On Hair And Skin
19. An Skincare Serum That Helps Exfoliate Away Dead Skin
Easily exfoliate away dry, dead skin by using this peeling solution. Formulated with a blend of alpha and beta hydroxy acids, reviewers say it can help with acne, and even helped brighten their complexion. But the best part? You only need to leave it on for 10 minutes.
20. An Essential Oil Starter Pack With Every Scent You Need
There are certain essential oils that are needed in every aromatherapy starter pack — and these are six of the most popular. Each set comes with lemongrass, peppermint, orange, lavender, eucalyptus, and tea tree, plus a few drops of these powerful oils in a diffuser or humidifier go a long way.
21. The Sturdy Vegetable Chopper That Can Handle An Entire Onion
22. This Snap-On Strainer That Helps Save Space In Your Kitchen
23. These Mess-Free Baggy Racks That Keep Food Storage Bags Upright
24. A Splatter Guard That Helps Keep Your Stovetop Clean From Greasy Oil
25. The Detangling Brush That Glides Through Tough Knots
26. An Antiperspirant That Can Keep You Dry For Up To 7 Days
27. A Menstrual Disc That Helps Keep You Protected For Up To 12 Hours
Wear this flexible menstrual disc to replace tampons — it's so comfortable you might forget you have anything in. It's able to help prevent leaks for up to 12 hours, plus it can be worn comfortably when you're exercising. And because it replaces tons of tampons and pads, it's also better for the environment.
28. This Lightning-Fast Portable Charger With 2 Charging Cables
29. The Life-Changing Book About Tidying Up Your Life
30. These Cascading Hangers That Save Closet Space
31. A Flexible Travel Pillow That Helps Support Your Head While You Sleep
32. This Coach Coaster That Holds Your Drinks While You Relax
33. A Convenient Knife With A Built-In Cutting Board
Eliminate extra cooking tools whenever possible — this two-in-one knife has a built-in cutting board that lets you slice and chop ingredients directly over your stovetop. It easily slices through vegetables, cheese, bread, meat, and more, plus the blades are made from rust-resistant stainless steel.
34. An Outlet Shelf That's Perfect For Charging Your Smartphone
35. These Cooking Utensils You Can Perch On The Edges Of Your Pots And Pans
36. These Elastic Shoelaces That You Don't Need To Tie
37. The Microwave Mats Made From Heat-Resistant Silicone
You can use these silicone microwave mats for practically everything under the sun. They work great as splatter guards, trivets, hot pads, pot holders, and more, plus the raised grooves give you a firm grip on hot pans. Each one is made from durable silicone that's heat-resistant up to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
38. A Soap Dispenser Made With A Built-In Motion Sensor
Get clean hands without adding dirt, bacteria, and germs to your soap dispenser. Just like at the airport, this electric soap dispenser has a built-in motion sensor that detects when your hands are underneath it, allowing for a mess-free soap dispensing experience.
39. A Portable Dog Paw Cleaner To Help Your Carpets Stay Clean
Taking your pooch out for walks doesn't have to mean tracking dirt and mud inside of the house. Just fill this portable dog paw cleaner with soapy water, insert your pup's paw inside, then let the silicone bristles gently cleanse away grime. It's available in three sizes: small, medium, or large.
40. This Tray That Helps Keep Your Silverware Organized
Organize forks, spoons, and knives in this kitchen drawer organizer. It's available in two different colors, and there are also icons on it that help you keep track of where each utensil is supposed to go.
41. The Smart Light Bulb That Can Help You Save Money Over Time
This smart LED light bulb works with a free app that lets you set up schedules for it to turn on and off, which can help you save tons of money over time. It's also compatible with voice commands via Google Home or Alexa, allowing you to dim, brighten, and turn them off without you having to get up and flip a switch.
42. A Splatter Guard That Helps Keep Your Microwave Clean
Not only do the built-in magnets let you attach it to the top of your microwave for easy storage, but this cover is also great for preventing messy splatters while your food cooks. It's made with steam vents to help your meals cook more thoroughly, plus it's also safe to put in the dishwasher.
43. The Stretchy Wine Seals That Help Keep Vino Fresh
Naughty name aside, these wine condoms are the some of the most practical and functional wine bottle preservers around. They stretch over the tops of your bottles to help keep air out so that your wine stays fresh for longer, plus they're designed to fit overtop practically any type of bottle.
44. These Durable Claws That Are Great For Shredding Meat
45. This Non-Slip Yoga Mat That Helps Prevent Your Joints From Growing Sore
46. A Convenient Armrest Organizer For Remotes And Other Devices
If you have a habit of losing your remotes, tablets, or practically any other gadget, make sure to grab this armrest organizer. It features four small pockets, as well as one large pocket that's great for magazines or books, and it slips right over practically any couch or chair arm.
47. This Purse Insert That Helps You Stay Organized
There's a place for everything in your purse — as long as you have this purse insert organizer. There are 13 pockets in total where you can stash everything from keys and lipstick, to your tablet and notebooks. The insert comes in six sizes, and you can choose from 12 different colors.
48. A Color-Changing Toilet Night Light For Safer Midnight Bathroom Trips
Is there a better place for a midnight bathroom trip night light than right inside your toilet bowl? This color-changing toilet night light can be set to one of 16 shades (as well as a rotating carousel mode), and the built-in motion sensor means it only turns on when someone is in the room, which helps preserve the battery.
49. This Pour-Over Coffee Dripper For A Quick Cup Of Joe
50. A Clip-On Light That's Perfect For Reading Late At Night
There's nothing like a little late night reading — but getting up to have to turn off lights when you'd rather drift off to sleep is a pain. This clip-on light is the solution: it has a strong clamp that stays in place on headboards or tables, and the adjustable arm makes it easy to find the perfect angle.
Elite Daily may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was created independently of Elite Daily's editorial and sales departments. This article reflects price at publication and may change.