Matching with someone on a dating app is usually the easy part. You find them attractive, you swipe right, they feel the same way, they swipe right, and you've got a match. Things can get a little tricky when the time comes to strike up a conversation. If you find yourself getting tongue-tied (text-tied?) when making the first move, focusing on something you have in common or that they're passionate about can be a real game-changer. (Pun intended.) If you're talking to a cutie who's clearly all about sports, then having dating app opening lines for sporty matches at the ready can be just the icebreaker you need to get the conversation flowing. Here's some inspo to help you up your dating app game.
1. Is it too forward to say I think we’d make a real dream team?
2. When I saw your basketball pic, I knew I just had to shoot my shot.
3. Just had to say hi since, like they say, you miss a 100% of the shots you don’t take. So… hi!
4. Thought I’d go ahead and be the one to break the ice. After this, the ball's in your court. 😉
5. Serious question: If I were a soccer ball, would you kick it with me?
6. You play golf, I play golf, I think we might just fit each other to a tee.
7. I’m looking for an athlete, not a player. How about you?
8. When I saw that you play soccer, I knew you were a keeper.
9. You seem like a real catch, so I thought I’d say hi.
10. I’m going to stop putting around the green and just tell you I think you’re cute.
11. I’m just gonna go ahead and dive in and say I love to swim too. What's your favorite stroke? 😉
12. You love sports. I love sports. I'm thinking we could be a slam dunk.
13. I just wanted to touch base because I think your profile's a real home run.
14. I’m not gonna lie, your pics are really hitting it out of the park.
15. Are you a warm-up exercise? Because you've got my heart pounding.
Even with a great opening line, making the first move can be intimidating. But what do you really have to lose? If you’re feeling your match, don't hesitate to shoot your shot. (Too easy!)