There’s nothing quite like a global pandemic to put a serious damper on your social life. But if there’s one positive thing about being in quarantine 24/7, it’s the opportunity to step up your dating app game, beginning by brushing up on your icebreakers. After all, your dating life doesn’t have to end in quarantine, it just has to adjust a little. Honestly, we could all use a laugh right now, and having a few flirty opening lines to use on dating apps while quarantined is a great way to not only to put a smile on someone's face, but maybe even score you a FaceTime date with a cutie.
Taking that first step and reaching out to someone can sometimes be the hardest part, so if you get writer's block when it's time to make the first move, no worries. Here are some opening line ideas to help get you chatting.
1. Just so you know, I’m the total package: beauty, brains, and hella toilet paper.
2. Most important question ever: Team Joe Exotic or Team Carole Baskin?
3. Hey, you’re cute… wanna Netflix Party and chill?
4. Quick! What are your top three favorite things about being in quarantine? Go!
5. I’m just looking for someone who enjoys sweatpants, Uber Eats, and taking long walks around the living room together.
6. If I said I wanted to quarantine together, would you hold it against me? And by it, I mean you.
7. You're cute! I could see us getting SOCIAL in the not too DISTANT future.
8. What’s the best thing you’ve marathon-watched today?
9. I know we’re on lockdown, but I was hoping you’d want to open up to me.
10. Corny jokes are the quickest way to my heart. Tell me your best quarantine joke!
11. It’s a good thing we're in quarantine, because I don't think I could stay six feet away from you otherwise.
12. I could definitely see myself practicing social ~closeness~ with you after all this.
13. What’ve you been doing to stay sane? I hit up this cutie on [insert whatever dating app you're using here] and it’s definitely helping.
14. Hey! We should talk, because between you and me, it’s getting pretty boring having conversations with myself in here.
Get out there and start chatting — from a responsible social distance, of course.