The US government recently released a list of English-language books recovered from the compound formerly occupied by Osama bin Laden.
According to CBS News, the library of the 9/11 mastermind included several books criticizing foreign policy during the presidencies of both George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
The most well-known authors among the list are MIT professor and left-wing radical Noam Chomsky, former State Department employee William Blum and Pulitzer Prize-winner Bob Woodward.
Bin Laden spoke of Woodward's "Obama's Wars" in a video released on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
He suggested Americans read the book and then decide whether they still believed in Obama's "Yes, we can" campaign slogan.
Also in the militant's possession were 75 public government documents discussing al-Qaeda, the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and nuclear power in Syria and Iran.
Reportedly, 39 English-language books were found when Navy SEALs raided the militant's compound on May 2, 2011. The list of books was released on Wednesday by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
Articles from publications such as Newsweek, TIME, Businessweek and Foreign Policy were also recovered.
Daily Mail reports Bin Laden had the "Best Innovations of the Year" edition of Popular Science magazine and a 2005 Los Angeles Times article titled, "Is al-Qaeda Just Bush's Boogeyman?"
Numerous religious works such as a profile of bishops in the Church of England, a book called "Muhammed in the Bible" and a series of texts about Islam were also allegedly found.
These are arguably the most distinguished titles found:
- "Bloodlines of the Illuminati" by Fritz Springmeier
- "America's Strategic Blunders" by Willard Matthias
- "Obama's Wars" by Bob Woodward
- "Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies" by Noam Chomsky
- "Hegemony or Survival: America's Quest for Global Dominance" by Noam Chomsky
- "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy" by Greg Palast
- "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins
- "Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II" by William Blum
- "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower" by William Blum
- "New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11" by David Ray Griffin
- "Grappler's Guide to Sports Nutrition" by John Berardi and Michael Fry
- "Guinness Book of World Records Children's Edition 2008"
You can view the full list of English-language books here.