Things The 'Forever Young' Girl Won't Accept About Adulting
Although many of us would love to take a drink (or 10) from the Fountain Of Youth, let alone find it, we'll always be “forever young” at heart.
“Forever young” souls refuse to dwell on the fact that everyone is growing older as each second, minute and day passes.
It's pure blasphemy, and we will not accept anything of the sort. Instead, we live it up because we know tomorrow (and the next day, and the day after that) is another brand new opportunity to embrace.
It confuses and saddens the “forever young” girl why things can't remain the same as they've always been. She has endless questions about the workings of the universe — why can't we all just remain… forever young?
Change can be a good thing, but sometimes… not so much.
Here are 17 things the “forever young” girl never wants to accept about growing up and being an adult:
1. You learn really quickly that bills totally suck, and they come EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH.
2. Some of your best friends get married and move away, and those friendships will never be the same.
3. A 401(k) is a must, and you have to deal with it.
4. It's getting harder (if not impossible) to party it up like a boss during the week without dying of a hangover the next day.
5. Guys will hurt you, and you will hurt guys, too. Sometimes it's just unavoidable.
6. You lose touch with people. Some people you won't miss, others will always be a painful memory.
7. Your parents and grandparents are getting older, and will not be around forever. You're still not sure what you would ever do without them in your life.
8. Relationships aren't what they used to be when you were young, wild and carefree. Now you don't put up with any bullshit, and you can spot red flags a mile away. You're still holding out for someone who's truly special.
9. Wounds don't heal as fast as they once did.
10. You have many responsibilities on your plate that can be all-consuming. This is the one time you begin to wonder what it's like to settle down.
11. “Me time” is limited and going fast; the pressure to embrace single life is all to real.
12. Love can really hurt, but it can also be the best thing that has ever happened to you.
13. Regina George isn't just a high school and college thing… the bitch follows you everywhere.
14. People will disappoint you, and you will disappoint people.
15. People who you've been close to your entire life change.
16. Paying rent and dishing out money for food is expensive AF. Life is more about staying afloat than having fun sometimes.
17. Life happens, and things don't always go according to plan… or turn out the way you had hoped they would.
Growing up can break a “forever young” girl's heart, because she loses a key part of herself and her spirit. Being “forever young” is what she identifies with, and how she lives her life by.
It's the only way she knows how to ignore the tribulations of her life, but she can't keep up this mentality forever.