65 Things You Should Remember After Someone Has Done You Wrong
Part of growing up is realizing that people aren’t always nice, and sometimes those you thought you knew so well will stab you right in the nuts (both of them).
After you’ve been castrated and left to bleed on the side of the road, you become aware of the harsh truth that a large part of life is spent learning how to take the blows.
Because no one goes through life unscathed. We’ve all had our hearts ripped out at least once, and we’ve all had the wind knocked out of us -- figuratively and literally.
We've all experienced heartache and betrayal, treachery and deceit. The older we get, the harder we become, building a strong outer wall to protect us against phonies and unsuspecting stabs in the back.
We learn to deal with pain, teach ourselves how to heal and grow stronger after each attack. We create coping mechanisms and share advice, secrets and tricks to mending our fragile, yet resilient, hearts.
We all know what it’s like to be wronged, to have the people closest to us treat us worse than any stranger could.
We’ve all experienced friends who’ve turned into enemies and lovers who’ve turned into distant memories of the people we once knew. That’s life.
Life isn’t about perfect relationships or smooth sailing, it’s about falling as far as you can and climbing even higher the second time around. It’s about meeting new people and learning from the ones who've done you wrong.
So if someone just did you dirty, took your heart out of your body and stomped on it, leaving you to wash it off and put it back in bruised and leaking, just remember these 65 things:
4. They’re probably going to do it again...
5. So it's a good thing they're out of your life.
6. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
7. (Just like Kanye.)
8. You will love again.
9. Don’t trust so easily next time.
10. Not everyone is out to get you.
11. Having your guard up is a good thing...
12. But don’t have it up too high.
13. There’s nothing your mother’s cooking can’t fix.
14. They make voodoo dolls for this reason.
15. Remember, it’s OK to eat your feelings.
16. There’s always an album that will understand what you’re feeling at this exact moment.
17. You can’t change people.
18. You’re not supposed to have a million friends.
19. Social media will never make you feel better.
20. No matter how many statuses you post, it won’t take the pain away.
21. Time is the worst and best thing.
22. Sometimes you just need a bubble bath.
23. GET OFF FACEBOOK!
24. You deserve better.
25. There, literally, are too many fish in the sea.
26. This is what art is made out of...
27. And the best way to get over someone is to turn them into literature.
28. The most important relationship you have is with yourself.
29. Speaking of Carrie Bradshaw, there’s always "Sex and The City."
30. It’s not about you, it’s about them.
31. At least you weren’t married for 72 days.
32. There’s always someone worse off than you are.
33. There are people who love you who would never hurt you... like Ben and Jerry.
34. This is what maturing looks like.
35. It's also what we call a "learning experience."
36. Because something always comes out of the pain.
37. YOU WILL GET OVER THIS.
38. Everything happens for a reason.
39. This is what burning bridges is for.
40. There’s nothing wrong with staying in bed for a whole weekend.
41. You’re allowed to burn photos...
42. And untag Facebook ones.
43. But make sure to GET OFF FACEBOOK.
44. What goes around comes around, just ask Justin Timberlake.
45. Now you know who your real friends are.
46. This is what stress balls were made for.
47. You can always join a fight club...
48. Or get really into working out.
49. There’s always alcohol...
50. And weed...
51. Lots of weed...
52. And dark bars filled with strangers.
53. Remember, “this too shall pass.”
53. You’ll understand “Atonement” even better now… and you'll get to see Keira Knightley again.
54. This is a good time to take a vacation.
55. “Don’t get mad. Get even.”
56. This should just inspire you to work harder and get your revenge.
57. This is what Elite Daily is for.
58. You can’t win them all.
59. It’s the bad in life that makes you appreciate the good.
60. Pain really does make you stronger.
61. You will not remember this in 10 years.
62. OK, maybe 20 (it must have been really bad).
63. Holding on to anger doesn't solve anything.
64. There are good people out there, I promise.
65. This is happening for a reason.