This Is The Absolute Worst State In America, According To A New Study
In an attempt to rank all 50 states in the US from best to worst, Estately considered eight different key factors to come to a *totally objective* conclusion. Once you hear the eight different judging parameters, I'm sure you'll agree this is the most scientific and comprehensive study ever conducted.
The indications of a shitty US state are as follows...
- Arby's locations per capita (source: Arby's)
- Vape shops per capita -- i.e. those bars where you sit around breathing flavored oxygen like a d-bag (source: Yellow Pages)
- Google searches by people looking to buy a hoverboard (source: Google Trends)
- Google searches for egg salad recipes (source: Google Trends)
- Total number of Nickelback concerts per capita held in each state (source: Wikipedia)
- Facebook fans of singer Chris Brown (source: Facebook)
- Magicians per capita (source: Yellow Pages)
- People expressing interest in GOOP, Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle publication (source: Facebook)
Pretty spot on, right? Well, according to Estately's research, Nevada is definitively the worst state in America with the highest number of magicians per capita and the second highest number of vape bars. Interestingly, North Dakota came in 24th place even though residents there eat more egg salad than anyone and attend the most Nickleback concerts. Yikes.
Where does your home state rank? Here's their full list, in order:
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- New Jersey
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
- New York
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
But which state ranked as the best place of all? That would be New Hampshire followed by Oregon and DC. Of course, I'm partial to California, but the sunny state took a deserved hit thanks to its massive GOOP cult following. But hey, the more you know, the better you can rag on other people's home states.
To learn more and find the study's complete findings, head over to Estately's blog. Keep on keepin' on, America.