The Craziest Things That Scientologists Believe In
Scientology is perhaps the most ridiculed religion of the 21st century. However aside from all of the celebrity attention, it is truly the unorthodox beliefs that have people talking.
But is it just a big misconception or is it truly bizarre? You decide.
These are the craziest things that Scientologists believe in.
10. They believe that human beings evolved from clams. Yes. Clams.
9. They believe the Earth is inhabited by alien "thetans" which live among us disguised as humans.
8. They believe that all psychiatrists are evil, scheming, diabolical monsters who are part of a global conspiracy of drug control and murder.
7. They believe the evil alien ruler Xenu killed millions of aliens (Thetans) from around the universe by kidnapping them, bringing them to earth in golden DC-8 “space-planes” & blowing them up inside volcanoes with hydrogen bombs.
6. They believe the souls of these aliens (these souls are "Body Thetans") were captured, brainwashed & released; they then attached themselves to our ancestors (who passed them all the way down to us) & cause many of our mental & physical ills to this day.
5. Auditing is said to “clear” us of these Body Thetans as well as the “mental implants” they supposedly impose on our minds.
4. They believe that any critics or enemies may be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist.
3. Scientologists who "break the rules" while members of the "Sea Org" must subject themselves to the Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF), which includes regimes of harsh physical punishment, forced self-confessions, social isolation, hard labor and intensive ideological indoctrination.
2. Lisa McPherson, a Scientologist, was involved in a car accident & resultantly became mentally unstable. She was kidnapped from the hospital by agents of Scientology, held against her will, refused proper psychiatric treatment & allowed to starve to death.
1. A CBS “48 Hours” special on Jeremy Perkins, the mentally disturbed son of Scientologist parents who, because of the Scientology doctrine of opposing psychiatry, refused to put him on the anti-psychotic drugs that would have stabilized him & prevented him from killing his own mother.
Top Photo Credit: Getty Images