21 Things You Should Always Say To Tall People Because They’ve 'Never Heard It Before'
I'm 6' 10." There's a chance I'm even taller, but there's a certain point where you outgrow the scale at the doctor's office and ultimately stop caring. I reached that point long, long ago.
I covered the downfalls of being an absurd height during my first week at Elite Daily, but despite the 20 reasons listed in the above article, I'd have to be a giant assh*le to complain about towering over basically every single person in the world.
Being tall is objectively pretty great, and seeing as I was blessed with proportional limbs and a face that doesn't scare people, I don't have much to gripe about.
I generally stay away from bringing it up because attention whores are the worst kind of people. I'm not an attention whore; I'm an attention magnet.
When I go into public, I'm operating under the assumption that it's only a matter of time before a random stranger approaches me to comment on my height.
Last week, a person literally chased me down and grabbed my arm in the subway to inform me that he was capable of observing the heights of other people. It wasn't the first time it happened, and it certainly won't be the last. That doesn't mean I can't do something about it.
Below is a list of totally original questions and comments that no tall person in history has ever had to experience. If you're going to go out of your way to stop me on the street, make sure that you ask me every single one of these because I've never heard them before.
1. You're tall.
2. How tall are you?
3. Do you play basketball?
4. How about volleyball?
5. At least tell me you row.
6. You should really play basketball.
7. Seriously. You're soooo tall.
8. Is it... proportional?
9. How big are your shoes?
10. Can I try them on?
11. Where do you buy clothes?
12. How tall are your parents?
13. I can't believe you don't play basketball.
14. I have a [family member or friend] who is [a height that is also considered tall].
15. You make me feel so short!
16. How tall is your girlfriend/boyfriend?
17. [Try to take a creepy picture, but forget to turn the flash off]
18. How's the weather up there?
19. Watch your head!
20. Did you know there's an inverse correlation between height and life expectancy?
21. I can't believe you don't play basketball.
Photo Courtesy: Fanpop