NYC Must EEEEEATS: If You're In The Big Apple, You Need To Try These 15 Foods
When it comes to eating in New York City, it's evident that the options are endless. No matter which borough you end up in, you can always count on a few hidden gems to be right around the corner.
The only issue with finally finding a good, reputable establishment to grub at is knowing what to order off of the menu.
There are certain places you definitely don't go to if you're looking for a seafood sanctuary. And there are certain places where you just don't order steak.
The key to dining in the Big Apple is knowing what's #EEEEEATS-approved and where. Thanks to the experts over at The Infatuation, you can kiss aimless eating goodbye.
Below are the best 15 foods you need to try in NYC!
1. Shrimp Tacos with Grasshopper Crust from The Black Ant
These have a crust made from ground grasshopper. Sounds gross, right? It's not. It's salty and crunchy and makes for a delicious compliment to the shrimp.
2. Spicy Chili Ramen from Ivan Ramen
Beat the heat. Sweat during dinner.
3. All the Ice Cream at Morganstern's
Specifically the Salt & Pepper Pine Nut and Vietnamese Coffee flavors.
4. Fiore di Carcofi from Bar Primi
A delicious artichoke-filled pasta that's so long you could wear like a belt.* *Not recommended.
5. Brisket Tots from The Gander
Salty, meaty and served with a mustard cream that will blow your mind.
6. Charlie Bird's Razor Clams
Diced up with some chiles and served in the shell, these might be the best razor clams you'll ever have.
7. The Frozen S'more at Dominique Ansel's bakery
Everyone talks about the Cronut and the Cookie Shot, but if you go do Dominique Ansel and skip the Frozen S'more, you're doing it wrong.
8. Brioche Ice Cream Sandwich from A.B. Biagi
No explanation needed.
9. The Good Batch Ice Cream Sandwich at Smorgasburg
10. Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps from Ssam BBQ at Hester Street Fair
Because Korean BBQ is good for you. It's science.
11. Birthday Cake Cream Cheese Bagel from Tompkin's Square Bagels
Is it your birthday? Does it matter? Didn't think so.
12. The General Tso's Chicken Sandwich from General Tso Boy at LIC Flea
Like a po' boy, but with Chinese flavors and an officer's rank.
13. The Bacon Mac Fries from Sticky's Finger Joint
Honestly, pretty much anything at Sticky's Finger Joint will do the job.
14. Red Velvet Donut Ice Cream Sandwich from Peter Pan Donut and Pastry Shop
This is self-explanatory!
15. Pesto Pasta with Shoestring Fries from Antonioni's
Not necessary, but so, so necessary.
Top photo courtesy of Tumblr