The Rock Just Had To Put Down One Of His Puppies After He Ate A Mushroom

By Julian Sonny

The Rock shared some sad news today when he announced his awesome-ass dog Brutus ate a wild mushroom in the backyard and had to be put down.

DJ was with Brutus at the vet last night and had to make the difficult decision to send the pup to doggy heaven after the toxins began attacking his liver and immune system.

The Rock wrote,

Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15 pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus' suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil' family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We'll always love you Brutus.. and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WICHSYOMT

Recently, The Rock posted this amazing video of Brutus. He will be missed but not forgotten!