Best Claire And Frank Underwood 'House Of Cards' Moments
Nobody gets everything they want like the Underwoods.
For five seasons, America's fictional first family has lied, schemed, manipulated, and killed their way to gain and keep absolute political power.
For Frank and Claire Underwood, no action is too reprehensible or bloody if it means climbing the ladder. As you binge the newly released Season 5 of House of Cards on Netflix, let's take a look back at some of the most shockingly savage things the Underwoods have said and done to snag the presidency.
1. When Claire first achieved her ice queen status.
She said this chilling statement to a former employee who happened to be pregnant.
2. When Frank just totally laid out how he operates.
Well, you can't say he didn't warn you, I guess.
3. When Claire reminded Frank who's really in charge.
Frank may be president, but the real powerhouse is his wife.
4. When Frank killed Zoey Barnes in cold blood and made me constantly paranoid every time I'm waiting for the subway.
One of the show's most iconic scenes is also its most ferocious, as Frank coolly disposes of a first season regular who threatens to expose his crimes.
5. When Frank killed Peter Russo after pretending to befriend him.
Although Zoey's death was more dramatic, we can't forget Frank's first murder when he locked a passed-out Peter Russo in his car and released gas into the vehicle to suffocate him.
6. And keeping with the murder theme, when Frank made it clear he's not afraid to keep on killing.
Seriously, I bet Frank gives more thought to what he should order for lunch than whether or not to kill people who threaten to expose him.
7. When Claire showed Frank she doesn't have to put up with his bullsh*t.
At first, it looked like Claire was going to stay by Frank's side forever. She may still be scheming with him, but it's clear she has no problem going against him with plans of her own if it helps her.
8. When Claire gave Frank this gory pep talk.
She really is the brains of this operation, folks.
9. When he maneuvered his way into the most powerful position in America.
All of Frank and Claire's savagery led to them becoming the most powerful couple in the U.S., laying claim to the presidency after tricking the vice president out of his job and setting the president up in a shady business deal.