14 Reasons Why Adrienne Bailon Is Her Own Worst Enemy, Not Rob Kardashian
In addition to to the forever tattoo of his name on her butt, former Cheetah Girl Adrienne Bailon claims Rob Kardashian has left a lasting, negative mark on her career.
She appeared in several episodes of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" when she dated Rob and has made it a point to remain linked to him and his famous family ever since.
Bailon regularly speaks about her former relationship with Kardashian, despite the fact that they broke up more than five years ago. But this time, the Kardashians stepped up in Rob’s defense, as Kim tweeted,
Funny how she says being with a Kardashian hurt her career yet the only reason she has this article is bc she is talking about a Kardashian — Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) July 30, 2014
Kim brings up a valid point: If Adrienne is tired of being associated with the Kardashian brand, why does she keep bringing them up?
This was not the first time Bailon knocked Rob and it's likely it won't be the last. After all, she has a new talk show, "The Real," to promote and according to past pattern, she's down to name-drop the Kardashians to get some press.
So, sorry, Adrienne, you're wrong; dating Rob Kardashian actually made your career.
If she has anyone to blame for hurting her career, it’s herself. The Kardashian (k)linger has made a plethora of other regrettable decisions.
From impulsive body art to one too many Disney Channel Original Movies, I present the indisputable evidence that Adrienne Bailon’s career is damaged far beyond being “stuck with that Kardashian label.” Here are 14 reasons why she's her own worst enemy:
1. Adrienne Bailon was in THREE "Cheetah Girls" movies. It’s safe to say that she ruined her own career and that the list can stop here, but there's more…
2. Adrienne Bailon was so in love with Rob Kardashian that they got each other’s names tattooed on their bodies. The relationship ended before the ink even dried and Adrienne was stuck with “Rob Kardashian” on her booty.
3. Adrienne needs to stop blaming Rob for hurting her career and start throwing shade at Raven-Symoné for leaving The Cheetah Girls.
4. Adrienne Bailon was a founding member and lead singer of the girl band, 3LW. If you are unfamiliar, my point is made. If you are familiar and remember the one-hit wonder, my point is also made.
5. She did a cover of the iconic Madonna song, “Like a Virgin,” with Sara Paxton and Chelsea Kane. Attempting to measure up to a pop classic like that is a losing battle, as it invites harsh comparisons.
6. Adrienne appeared in a Pitbull music video. She did not collaborate on the song or contribute back-up vocals. She simply appeared in the “Give Me Everything” music video, uncredited.
7. Always a guest star; never a star. Bailon made guest appearances on several Disney Channel original television shows, including "That’s So Raven" and "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody."
8. After claiming that reality TV discredited her, Adrienne starred in a short-lived, reality series called, "Empire Girls" on the now defunct Style Network. If you happened to miss this one, you can find old episodes online and play a drinking game in which you take a sip every time she mentions Rob. You'll blackout immediately.
9. Bailon got her start as a back-up singer for Ricky Martin’s Livin’ La Vida Loca Tour, yet the two never collaborated on future endeavors.
10. Aside from the very existence of the Cheetah Girls, there was a holiday album entitled, Cheetah-licious Christmas...
11. Adrienne Bailon was not a part of the "X Factor" broadcast, but she co-hosted The Pepsi Pre-Show Live, a podcast that aired online before the actual show.
12. She diverted from the Disney Channel original movies to an MTV cinematic masterpiece called, "All You’ve Got," costarring Ciara.
13. Adrienne recorded some solo songs… for the "Confessions of a Shopaholic" soundtrack.
14. So many years later, Adrienne Bailon is STILL talking about Rob Kardashian.
Photo Credit: WENN