33 Reasons Why Britney Spears Will Forever Be The Princess Of Pop
One thing all 90s kids have in common is an obsession with Britney Spears.
The Princess of Pop ruled the world from the 90s to early 2000s — and for good reason.
She worked her butt off and kept the fans guessing what she would do next.
Although her life and career have been a roller coaster of ups and downs, Spears overcame everything thrown her way.
She captivated us with her scandalous outfits and top-selling singles, but what really got our hearts is how Britney constantly reminds us that though we all mess up sometimes, we can always overcome it.
So, for Britney’s 33rd birthday, I present to you the ultimate list of why she will forever be every 90s baby's role model:
1. Starting her journey to stardom young, Britney made her stage debut at age 5 for her kindergarten graduation.
2. In 1990, she auditioned for the “Mickey Mouse Club” at only 8 years old, but she sadly didn’t make the cut.
3. She was an understudy for the lead role of Tina Denmark in the off-Broadway production of “Ruthless!”
4. She continued her childhood success with her feature on “Star Search” at age 10.
5. After originally getting cut from the show, Britney auditioned again for “Mickey Mouse Club” and made the cut.
She joined Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera, who were already on the cast.
6. Sadly, after only being on the show for one year, the “Mickey Mouse Club” got canceled in 1994, giving the young star time to focus on her singing.
7. In 1998, a dangerously tiny skirt, a pair of knee-high socks, a cleverly-tied school shirt and fluff-adorned pigtails won over the nation and kick-started the extraordinary career of America's pop princess. Britney arrived.
8. Seriously, who else could rock that school girl outfit like the princess of pop?!?!
9. She went on her first real concert tour in 1999 when she was only 18.
10. Her first single, “Baby One More Time,” debuted at number one on the Billboard 200.
11. Her infamous Rolling Stone cover.
12. After her first album's huge success, Britney dropped her sophomore album, “Oops!... I Did it Again,” which, unsurprisingly, sold more than 20 million copies worldwide.
13. In September of 2000, she admitted to dating *NSYNC front man, Justin Timberlake.
14. Because she and Justin once wore matching all-denim outfits that will forever haunt the fashion world.
15. During the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards, she performed “Slave 4 U” with a giant python around her. Casual.
16. She hosted and performed on “Saturday Night Live” multiple times throughout her career.
17. After her tragic breakup with Justin, she began to show the world what single Britney was all about...
18. Starting that rebellion stage, she kissed Madonna during her “Like a Virgin” performance at the 2003 MTV Video Awards.
19. Later that year, she received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
20. Her single, “Toxic,” allowed for the music video of the century.
21. She holds the record for one of the shortest Hollywood marriages to childhood friend Jason Allen Alexander, which lasted for only 55 hours.
22. One year after her first marriage, she married dancer Kevin Federline. Don’t worry, though, this only lasted until 2006. At least their two sons are adorable!
23. After the divorce, Britney went through a rough patch and a haircut from hell in 2007. But, like any icon, she bounced back and returned stronger than before.
24. In 2008, she took over the MTV Movie Awards by taking home three awards (not to mention, her first).
25. It’s Britney, bitch.
26. She also returned to TV with appearances in “Glee” and “The X Factor.”
27. In 2011, her single, “Till the World Ends,” reached number two on the Hot 100 list.
28. With her show-stopping performance of "Circus" in 2012, she demonstrated that even after kids, she's still got it.
29. She makes the “The X Factor USA” much more enjoyable to watch.
30. It’s almost 2015 and we all still can’t contain our joy when one of her singles comes on the radio.
31. She never lets her age or fame get the best of her. Underneath all the glitz and glam, she's still the same goofy, fun-loving Britney.
32. She's always seen playing with her two boys, Sean Preston and Jayden James.
33. After 33 years of hard work, Britney deserves the day.