The 19 Best Reasons Why You Need To Date An Engineer
Remember that nerdy, smart kid in your classes in junior high and high school? He was kind of shy, on the honor roll and was afraid of approaching girls? Well, ladies, he has now graduated from college, earns a great salary, will treat you well and makes the absolute perfect boyfriend.
Not only is he intelligent, but he is intuitively rational, organized, detail oriented and sometimes a perfectionist, in the best way possible. The ones I have met are the least douchey guys I have ever known.
Check out the reasons why if you meet one, you need to date him and keep him. If you meet a guy who is not an engineer but has these characteristics as well, don’t be a fool, he’s a keeper, too.
1. He is incredibly rational. When you get in a fight with your best friend, he will listen and analyze the situation with you. He will provide his honest opinion about how he can either see both sides or how one of you is wrong. You have to be able to handle the truth.
2. If you two get into an argument and can legitimately prove that you are right, he will admit when he is wrong. Sometimes this backfires if you are the one who is wrong.
3. He doesn’t know how hot he is because he still has a lingering nerd complex from middle school and high school from before he grew into himself.
4. He has the right kind of confidence. He learned that being a genuine, smart, good guy attracted girls. He isn’t arrogant about picking up women.
5. They know how to fix things... like everything. He’s like your own personal handyman. Never knew how a washing machine worked? He will explain it in layman’s terms and teach you.
6. He is an intuitive problem-solver. You will never have to hire anyone to do anything. He can read a book and instantly figure out how something works.
7. If your toilet is running and you have done all you can to fix it, he will understand fluid mechanics and will fix it for you so you don’t have to call your landlord or a plumber.
8. When your shower drain is clogged with what is probably hair, he knows what chemicals to use and how to clear it.
9. When you move into your new place, he will digitally diagram your floor plan and measure the dimensions of your furniture to make sure everything fits properly.
10. When you get over ambitious about that DIY headboard from Pinterest, he will remind you that you shouldn’t impulsively buy extra materials, but have to preplan and measure before you buy out all of Home Depot.
11. When he plans romantic vacations for you two, he will make an excel spreadsheet beforehand, to compare and contrast the best hotels and car rental deals.
12. He is well versed in statistics and probability. When planning a getaway, he will know the best time to buy tickets on orbitz.com.
13. He can teach you to play blackjack using statistics so you can actually win when you go to Las Vegas.
14. When going on trip with a group of people, he knows how to “use the space allotted in the most efficient way.” That means if you have eight people all trying to go to Lake Tahoe, he will make everyone’s luggage, snowboards, alcohol, and food fit into the trunk of a suburban.
15. When you want to hang pictures in your living room in a certain creative manner; he will help you systematically diagram and measure the wall to hang the pictures so they are spaced perfectly and evenly apart.
16. He can help you code your blog to make it look extra cute or surprise you on your anniversary by making a video montage of your relationship.
17. He needs to have a plan. He isn’t afraid to do research before making any major purchase. When you want to buy that Tory Burch purse, he will remind you that SlickDeals.com will probably have a 25% coupon coming up soon and you should wait to save your money.
18. He is a perfectionist and wont give up until accomplishing his goal. When it comes to his work, there is very little room for error. Some are anal about dressing well and achieving the perfect matching shirt, tie, sock combo, while others are perfectionists sexually. One friend said she knows for a fact that her boyfriend has read books and studied diagrams. Engineered pleasure.
19. When you finally move in together, the dishwasher needs to be loaded systematically to use space most efficiently and to not waste water.
Photo credit: Shutterstock