The 14 Stages Of Being Ghosted, As Told By 'Legally Blonde'
We all love the ghosts of dates past. Ghosting is defined as "the act of suddenly ceasing all communication with someone the subject is dating, but no longer wishes to date. This is done in hopes that the ghostee will just 'get the hint' and leave the subject alone, as opposed to the subject simply telling them he/she is no longer interested."
I fail to understand how a mature, functioning male adult could lack the human decency to respond to someone he clearly had a great date with, without so much as a simple, "I'm not interested," "I like someone else" or "I'm not looking for a girlfriend." I mean, come on and show a little respect.
Regardless, even the smartest, seemingly nicest people will throw you a curveball and ghost you at some point. You did nothing wrong to deserve this rude treatment, but let's laugh about it. Because at the end of the day, the right person will never ever let you get away.
Here are the 13 emotions you will experience while being ghosted when you least expect it:
1. Before the first date, you're so psyched. You're like, "OMG this is going to be amazing."
2. Your friends are happy your date went well, but they remind you not to put all your eggs in one basket. You, however, think he's "the one," so who needs a backup?
3. Three days later, you're still waiting by your phone for him to plan the next date. He said he would call, and he seemed consistent after chatting for those two beautiful weeks.
4. A week later, you're wondering where you went wrong. He couldn't stop telling you how beautiful you were, and it was actually kind of annoying. Still, he lost interest.
5. You text him to say you had fun and would love to hang out again. But alas, there's no answer.
6. Days later, you are really just a walking ghost who's stumbling through life confused and alone. You've given him five more date offers, but he still hasn't responded.
7. Karma's a b*tch. You run into him, but he did not expect to see you again. With a new flame on his arm, he realizes the dick of a man he is. But, he continues to be rude just because he can.
8. Now that you've seen each other, he will smirk, but continue to look away. You just don't understand how a human being could not be worthy of a response. You feel like you're just not good enough.
9. Don't get bitter. Get better.
10. Remember you're f*cking fabulous (obviously).
11. But eventually, he will come back because you're amazing.
12. But, you're over it.
13. When he asks whom you've moved on with, you say:
14. You know who you are, ghost. You're rude, and you should be ashamed of yourself.