19 Real Differences Between A 'For Now' And A 'Forever' Kind Of Guy
When you meet the right guy, you'll just know it, right? That's what we've always been told. Somehow, some way, we'll meet a guy, and it'll just “click” for us. We'll be completely sure we've found our soul mate.
If that were the case, wouldn't finding a husband be really easy? Wouldn't we be able to avoid heartbreak and bad relationships because we'd automatically know in our gut this guy was or wasn't the one for us?
Sometimes, it's not all so cut and dry. It's very confusing to know if your boyfriend is going to be THE boyfriend. What if your feelings just haven't gotten there yet? What if you dump this guy and end up regretting it?
So much is uncertain, and that makes dating that much more terrifying. But “The One” is out there. He's just as afraid of not finding you as you are of not finding him.
I'm here to help you figure it out, don't you worry. Here are 20 distinct differences between a “For Now” and a “Forever.”
1. A "For Now" gets drunk with you; a "Forever" takes you home when you get too drunk.
The kind of guy who's going to be with you forever should be able to see you at your worst. A guy who's only staying through tomorrow won't even help you with your hangover.
2. A "For Now" you play games with; a "Forever" you never needed games.
A man who's going to be with you forever made you stop playing games after the first “hello.” A guy who's only here for now will always feel like a win or lose.
3. A "For Now," you never feel truly comfortable with; a "Forever" makes you feel 100 percent like yourself.
A man who's the one for you doesn't make you feel badly about farting or eating carbs, about cursing or about being over-the-top. He loves you just the way you are. A guy who's only here for now will never get to that level with you, nor will he try to.
4. A "For Now" doesn't even know your opinions; a "Forever" supports your dreams.
A guy who's going to be with you forever respects you for your differences and values because he respects you. A guy who's just here for the time being argues with you about your differences until they tear you apart.
5. A "For Now" only takes you out; a "Forever" is OK with staying in.
A man who's going to be your "Forever" is fine with staying on the couch, enjoying your company. A guy who's only semi-permanent wouldn't know what to do with so few ritual activities.
6. A "For Now" just wants to f*ck you; a "Forever" wants to make babies with you.
Your forever guy is the one who sees you as the future mother of his children. A guy who's just here for now is only thinking about getting it in (while using condoms religiously.)
7. A "For Now" texts you goodnight; a "Forever" calls you to say good morning.
A man who wants to be in your life forever is the one who calls because he wants to hear your voice. A guy who's here for now can barely be bothered with a text. You want to be with a man who thinks of you the minute he wakes up.
8. A "For Now" fights over details; a "Forever" actually cares about the details.
A forever guy is one who wants to know the intimate details of your life and explore them with you. A for-now type of man is too busy being wrapped up in his own sh*t to care.
9. A "For Now" is a placeholder; a "Forever" has his place locked down.
When you find "The One," there isn't any doubt anymore. You have to trust yourself to love. The other guy is just someone to occupy your time until the latter comes along to take his place.
10. A "For Now" plans the night; a "Forever" plans the rest of your life.
Your future husband is busy planning the years ahead of you. Your temporary boyfriend can't see or commit himself past Saturday evening.
11. A "For Now" is replaceable; a "Forever" is certain.
When you find the man you could spend your life with, you know deep in your soul this is right. All of your boyfriends before, you'd always felt slightly uneasy about.
12. A "For Now" is like; a "Forever" is love.
You only truly love that one man with all of your heart and soul. Whatever you had with your other boyfriend was purely infatuation. It was empty and unfulfilling. While you may not have known it at the time, when a "Forever" comes along, you'll understand.
13. A "For Now" doesn't know himself; a "Forever" learns about himself with you.
The man you're going to marry knows himself but has so much more to learn now that he's found you. That other boyfriend barely knew who he was and couldn't grow with you.
14. A "For Now" is about weekends; a "Forever" is about weeks on end.
Your future husband isn't the kind of guy who just plans on a party because he's busy building a future with you. The other guys you've dated were far too shortsighted to go above and beyond.
15. A "For Now" has a return label; a "Forever" is a done deal.
The guy who is your forever is as distinct as that vintage sweater you picked up in Chelsea. A guy who is only temporary is as returnable as a shirt from the Gap. He's less pressure, but he's bland.
16. A "For Now" is about getting drinks; a "Forever" is about getting to know each other.
You don't need to be drunk to love spending time with the man of your dreams. With all other dudes in the past, you needed a couple shots just to deal with them.
17. A "For Now" is trying it on for size; a "Forever" is the perfect fit.
There are no alterations needed with the guy who'll be in your life forever. With all of those other boyfriends of yesteryear, you were just trying on the relationships to find out if they fit. They never did.
18. A "For Now" holds your hand; a "Forever" holds your heart.
That guy who is 'The One' is the person you give your whole heart to. A guy who's just around for now, you hardly trust with your hand.
19. A "For Now" means you're looking for something better; a "Forever" means you've already found it.
You can call off the search when you meet the right man. Before you found him, you were always looking for next best thing. Now that he's here, you're finished wandering.