The best part of any given day is when you finally get to eat. I would have to think the majority of people out there agree with me because, well, who the F doesn't like eating?
So wouldn't it make sense that the highlight of your day, the part when you get to unwind and replenish your energy, is when you and your SO can go out for dinner together?
I've really never met a person who doesn't enjoy the act of ingesting a solid meal with some solid company.
So, let's take a look at why dinner dates are so important, fun and enjoyable for couples...
1. If you can sync your meals, you can sync your life.
Your day revolves around three meals, so to be able to coordinate one with another person — well, that says a lot about what's important to you.
As hectic as your schedules can be, dinner is the one thing you reserve for each other.
2. If you can watch each other eat, you can watch each other do anything.
Whether you agree with it or not, some people are highly self-conscious when it comes to eating.
If you can feel comfortable stuffing your face in front of your SO, what more do you have to hide?
3. The more food, the more wine.
There's no doubt that couples who drink together, stay together. Alcohol fuels the fire to fights, and it's what brings out your wild side.
If you can get through all of this together, what's stopping you from getting through anything else?
4. You get a chance to treat the other.
Often, one person ends up paying more than the other over the course of the relationship.
Food is something that will always come up, so why not take turns on who covers the bill?
5. People who spend money on experiences are happier.
Life is about adventure and creating memories! What are you going to look back on when you're old? The outfit you spent an entire paycheck on or the vacation you took on your birthday?
Plus there's science to back this up, seriously.
6. You're never going to run out of restaurants.
You may have seen every movie out there is, but you definitely haven't eaten at every restaurant in your neighborhood.
7. It doesn't matter if you can cook.
Maybe the kitchen isn't your forte, but that's OK! That's what eating out is for...
8. You see how your SO treats other people.
Remember: A person who is not nice to waitstaff is not a nice person.
9. You will always need to eat.
No matter how ridiculous your schedules become, you will always need to eat.
This gives you both a great excuse to take a break from reality to enjoy a meal together.
10. It's something to bond over.
You may not agree on much, but you can definitely agree over what appetizers to split.
The more the merrier, especially when it comes to food.
11. It's something to get excited about.
You may have done absolutely nothing exciting all day, but that doesn't mean your night has to suck too.
Dinner is a great excuse to do something fun.
12. It's an adventure, even if it's across the street.
The vibes in a restaurant are quite different than the vibes in your kitchen.
Especially since your kitchen is probably lacking in food like mine.
13. There's always going to be a couple worse off than you.
There's nothing like watching a couple fight or have an awkward date to make you feel more secure in your own relationship.
Sure, this may be a terrible method, but you can't say we don't do this from time to time.
14. Eating different cuisines is like traveling without breaking your budget.
It's like you've been teleported to Asia without ever having to whip out your passport or leave the country.
15. Dressing up gives you an excuse to look good for each other.
It's far too easy to be comfortable in your relationships. You've traded in your nicer outfits for sweats and fancy shoes for sneakers.
Sometimes it's nice to just have a dressy night and get that spark where it needs to be.
16. You can discuss things in a civilized manner.
You want to have a difficult conversation without it getting out of hand?
Take that sh*t to a public place and crisis averted — you're welcome.
17. You're trying new things together.
It's much better than trying things on your own, now isn't it?
18. There's no cleanup.
The reason you're paying so much money when you go out is that you don't have to prep the meal or clean it up!
19. You're spending your money together.
And isn't this the best way to spend those hard-earned bills?
20. It brings you back to the first date.
Sometimes all it takes is a nice romantic dinner to bring you back.
21. Because relationships are always better when someone's eating out.
Am I right or am I right? Hehe.