Have you ever wondered what's going through a player’s mind when he or she is straight up in the game?
Have you ever thought, “Damn, how did he get away with that?!” or "How did she not know!" or even the satisfying, "Good. I'm so glad he got caught."
Some of the stories out there are truly impressive.
A player's mentality is a unique one. They're a pretty selfish bunch, thinking only of themselves and taking their own satisfaction and gratification into account before anyone else's.
They don't always mean to be so harsh; they just aren't exactly mature enough to commit to an adult relationship.
They don't lack empathy; it's just the idea of settling down is a foreign concept to them -- not to mention, terrifying.
There's some true artistry behind the games a player plays. Their stories can be a little tragic, but they're very entertaining.
For those of us who've wondered what happens inside of the brain of a sexual con artist, look no further.
We rounded up seven first-person stories from some of the "greatest" players out there.
Here are confessions from real-life players:
1. Naomi wanted to have her cake and eat it, too. Here's what she had to say about dating girls in the same friend group:
-- Naomi, 21
2. Phil wasn't exactly hoping to kiss a girl who was about to get married, but it didn't end up stopping him:
-- Phil, 27
3. James wasn't a great liar, but he didn't seem to care. He kept it simple, and it worked:
-- James, 26
4. Kevin wasn't shy to admit some of the best love stories begin a few doors down:
-- Kevin, 24
5. For a long time, Terrance wasn't ready for a relationship. Looking back, he reflects on changing his ways:
-- Terrance, 23
6. Ryan wasn't sure if she could stick to one guy, but eventually fate had its way. Now she's never been happier:
-- Ryan, 25
7. Caleb went in search of greener pastures:
-- Caleb, 24
Just because someone is a total player right now, it doesn't mean they can't change. Just the fact that they can talk about it and recognize their actions says a lot about their ability to grow.
Keep an eye out, though, because we all know the world is full of players. Be careful who you trust and learn from these stories firsthand on what to look out for in case you think you might be getting played. You’re smarter than that!
“Player Gets Played” airs Wednesdays at 9:30pm/8:30c on Oxygen. For more information, visit Oxygen.com.